How the Super-Charger works!
Finally it's here and this sure will put the power into your RC engine. The RB Nitro Super-Charger is the ultimate engine upgrade component available in the RC industry. This patented, compact design consists of aluminum and thermoplastic construction. This lightweight construction minimizes engine power required to drive the Super-Charger turbo impeller system. This precision turbo impeller is enclosed in a micro-polished aluminum housing which has been machined from solid billet aircraft aluminum. This provides maximum strength and durability while providing superior air flow from the turbo impeller into the engineâ€™s carburetor.
The heart of the Super-Chargerâ€™s drive system is a custom composite drive belt that withstands the toughest environments. The Super-Chargerâ€™s drive system incorporates a lightweight flywheel, idler pulley system, and a 30% overdrive Super-Charger pulley. The Super-Charger also includes an optional auxiliary pressure output port for boosting fuel pressure to levels not reached by the standard exhaust pump system. This allows maximum nitro and air mixture which boosts engine horsepower.This product was designed and manufactured using one the most state of the art CAD/CAM systems available.
All rotating parts within the supercharger are extremely lightweight thus drawing very little power from the engine. The supercharger also includes an optional auxiliary pressure output port for boosting fuel pressure to levels not reached by the standard exhaust pump system. This allows maximum nitro and air mixture which boosts engine horsepower.
The RB Nitro Super-Charger comes fully assembled and includes the following:
* 30% overdrive Super-Charger drive pulley
* High performance drive belt
* High-temperature connecting tubes
* High-strength engine mounting bracket
* All hardware required for the assembly
* Complete Super-Charger assembly
Intake Filter Options: *Either filter option can be used on any Super-Charger application.
* On-road â€“ A low-profile, high flow air filter assembly is mounted on the intake of the Super-Charger. This air filter assembly is easily removed for easy cleaning. A simple spray of air, or filter cleaner, can be used on the filter assembly and then reinstalled back into position.
* Off-road â€“ The high-performance intake manifold allows for the mounting of a stock, or aftermarket, 1/8th scale size filter anywhere on the chassis. This comes complete with 6-8â€ flexible tubing and an anti-kink spring.
Charger Specifications / Performance Enhancements:
* The custom flywheel and a complete drive hardware kit are included
* Weighs less than Â½ oz
* Utilizes a lightweight, turbo impeller to produce maximum air flow which optimizes engine scavenging characteristics
* Maximizes scavenging process of the two stroke engine
* Typical power gains range from 15.6% to 27.3% depending on engine and pipe combustion, as well as the Super-Charger setup
* High output charger boosts air intake by 50-200%
* Engine acceleration is dramatically improved by the Super-Charger and the auxiliary pressure output
* The engine runs more consistent from idle to full throttle
* Optional auxiliary pressure port can be used to boost the fuel pressure aiding in the fuel delivery to the engine
* Auxiliary port compensates for low back-pressure in the pipe due to low engine rpms
* When the throttle is advanced, the fuel is immediately delivered to the engine
* Enables the engine to run more consistently from full to empty tank conditions
* The durable drive belt and drive system are very lightweight and draw minimal power from the engine
* The high-performance intake manifold allows the use of larger filters and enables the filter to be mounted in any location on the chassis
* System is easy to install and maintain
* Upgradeable driver pulleys are available for further enhancing performance of the engine
Click here to see how the supercharger works